From a scientific point of view, Reiki produces results on an electromagnetic level. From recent research, it appears Reiki acts to electromagnetically ‘jump-start’ the body’s own healing process by producing changes in vibrational frequency that, in turn, stimulate physical changes in the body. Basically, Reiki enables the body to experience a truly restful state, breathing becomes slower and deeper allowing oxygen to reach all the vital organs and cells. Circulation improves and any blockages and toxins are eliminated. Energy flows freely and effectively, re-balancing body and mind.
Bernadette Doran, BS, RMT has summarized scientific findings with these bullet points from her article “The Science Behind Reiki”.
- The effects of hands-on energy therapy are the result of physical processes, not
the placebo effect.
- Reiki has electrical and magnetic qualities that can be measured.
- Pulsing magnetic fields can jumpstart the healing of tissue, bone and other body
- Pulsing magnetic fields from the hands of Reiki therapists are in the same
frequency ranges that are optimal for stimulating tissue repair.
- The brain waves of energy therapists synchronize with the earth’s magnetic field.
- Compassion and loving intention amplify the magnetic field. T
To summarize, Ms. Doran offers this from Dr. James Oschman, a simple science-based definition of Reiki : a Healing energy, whether produced by a medical device or projected from the human body, is energy of a particular frequency or set of frequencies that stimulates the repair of one or more tissues.”