What to expect when giving Reiki
When in a Reiki share, you are invited to channel the highest vibration of love and light. Each person’s experience is different, and
- simply intending the energy starts the flow
- you need not touch the person to channel energy
- energy comes through your head, through your heart, and into the other person
- you are never drained of your own energy because light and love from the infinite and eternal divine
- if your mind begins to wander, gently refocus your attention to the person on the table
- if you are concerned about energy coming back to you, imagine golden bracelets on your wrists that keep energy from coming back to you.
What to expect when receiving Reiki
- some feel or experience heat, see colors, sense smells, or know that the energy is there
- some people feel nothing
- just relax and let it flow, you cannot direct Reiki
- it works on your four bodies: physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual
- it goes where it needs to go and works 100% of the time.
Afterward, you may experience
- immediately you may feel deeply relaxed
- expect your body to detox and/or cleanse
- your body is shifting and rebalancing
- take care of yourself, be gentle
- be aware of thoughts, feelings, behaviours, reactions to others
- you may be emotional, sometimes it gets worse before it gets better.
- Stick with it.